Neighbourhood Plans need to be developed on the back of robust evidence. A neighbourhood plan must comply with the basic conditions in the Localism Act and the 2012 Neighbourhood Planning Regulations. While the evidence requirements are not as rigorous as those for a Local Planning Authority in its plan making, the need for evidence to underpin a neighbourhood plan is important.
Regulation 16 Consultation
Below are documents relating to the Borough Council of Wellingborough’s Regulation 16 Consultation and legal check of the Neighbourhood Plan
- Reg 16 letter to consultation bodies EBNP 14 July 2014
- BCW letter EBNP Legal Check 2 July 2014
- BCW NP legal check checklist EBNP June 2014
Below is the Earls Barton Neighbourhood Plan submission version and supporting documents which have been submitted with the Plan to the Borough Council of Wellingborough in June 2014.
- Earls Barton Neighbourhood Plan 2011-31 Submission Plan
- Earls Barton Neighbourhood Plan Consultation Statement June 2014
- Consultation Statement June2014 Appendix 12 Reg 14 Public Response
- Consultation Statement June2014 Appendix 13 Reg 14 Statutory Agency responses
- Earls Barton Neighbourhood Plan Basic Conditions Statement June 2014
- Earls Barton Neighbourhood Plan: Determining a Housing Target Report
- Earls Barton Neighbourhood Plan Equalities Assessment
- Earls Barton Neighbourhood Plan Final Sustainability Appraisal v1
Below are documents used by the Earls Barton Neighbourhood Plan Group that have been used in the development of the Neighbourhood Plan.
- EBNP Housing Site Selection Process Report 2 February 2015
- Borough Council of Wellingborough SEA Reasons Letter 22 January 2015
- Borough Council of Wellingborough SEA Reasons Letter Appendix A 22 January 2015
- Earls Barton Neighbourhood Plan: On Street Parking Survey June 2014
- Earls Barton Local Green Space Assessment v1
- Draft Neighbourhood Plan Reg 14 Consultation Residents Letter
- Draft Neighbourhood Plan Reg14 Consultation Response Form
- Neighbourhood Area Plan
- Earls Barton Neighbourhood Plan Communication Strategy v2
- EBNP Statement of Community Involvement v1 Dec2013
- Neighbourhood Plan Preferred Option Consultation
- Neighbourhood Plan Vision, Objectives and Strategic Options Consultation
- Identifying a Rural Housing Target for the Joint Core Strategy v2
- Neighbourhood Plan Area Signed Decision Notice
Below are a series of documents and reports that are relevant to the preparation of the Earls Barton Neighbourhood Plan.
Neighbourhood Plans need to be in conformity with higher level plans and also have regard to national planning policy as set out in the National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF). Below are the key documents from the North Northamptonshire Core Spatial Strategy which forms the key part of the Local Development Plan as well as the NPPF.
- National Planning Policy Framework 2012
- North Northamptonshire Core Spatial Strategy June 2008
- North Northamptonshire CSS 2011-31 Emerging Draft for Consultation
- BCW Rural Housing Background Paper for NDPs – this report provides the background and evidence for the housing targets of the main villages in the Borough for the emerging core strategy
- Earls Barton Rural Housing Survey October 2012 – this survey was done in collaboration with the Borough Council of Wellingborough and identified the local housing needs.
- North Northamptonshire Strategic Housing Market Assessment Update – Final Summary Report - summary of key findings from an update report to the SHMA completed in 2007.
- North Northamptonshire CSS Emerging Plan Consultation – Background Paper on Housing Requirements – Background Paper on the definition of housing requirements and targets for
North Northamptonshire 2011-31
- North Northamptonshire Strategic Housing Land Availability Assessment: Vol.1 Main report February 2009 - to identify sufficient ‘deliverable’ sites to meet each Council’s 5 year dwelling targets, and further ‘developable’ sites to meet 10, 15 and 20 year housing land supply.
Economy & Employment
- Northamptonshire Strategic Employment Land Assessment November 2009 - set out aspirational employment targets for North and West Northamptonshire for the periods up to 2021 and 2026.
- Sustainable Northamptonshire Economic Action Plan – Progress & Next Steps December 2010 – economic development strategy and vision for Northamptonshire
- North Northamptonshire CSS Emerging Plan Consultation – Background Paper on Employment targets July 2012 - approach to developing minimum job targets by district in North
Northamptonshire and the evidence base for this
- Wellingborough Employment Land Study September 2006 – employment land study for Wellingborough
- Northamptonshire Transport Plan March 2012 – overarching strategy document that sets out what the County Council’s strategic aims and goals are for Transportation in Northamptonshire
Open Space/Sports Facilities
- Planning for Open Spaces, Sports and Recreation July 2005 - open space study across the borough of Wellingborough, building on existing audits and partial assessment of open spaces.
- Sports Facilities Strategy – Wellingborough September 2008 - an assessment of the need for built sports facilities in the Borough of Wellingborough and an audit of existing provision.
- Methodology for Designating Sites as Environmentally Important Open Space – Background Report August 2010 - methodology used by the Borough Council to identify sites which ought to be protected for their visual or physical character and structure .
- Methodology for Designating Sites as Important Amenity Areas (IAA) October 2010 - methodology used by the Borough Council to identify sites which should generally be retained for their recreational value.
- North Northants Strategic Sports Facilities Framework April 2010 -
Nature conservation, environmental character and green infrastructure
- Northamptonshire Biodiversity Action Plan 2nd Ed 2008 - identifies priorities for action and gives guidance on implementing targets to reverse the loss of habitats and species.
- Northamptonshire’s Environmental Character & Green Infrastructure Suite - maps and describes the diversity of landscapes across Northamptonshire and defines a network of green infrastructure at a sub-regional level.
- Nene Valley Strategic Plan October 2010 – a vision for the long term future of the Nene valley.
- Environmental Sensitivity Consolidation October 2010 - assesses biodiversity, landscape and cultural sensitivity from a variety of methodologies for North Northamptonshire.
- North Northamptonshire Flood Risk Management Update Study March 2012 – update to the North Northamptonshire Flood Risk Management Study (2007) and the flood risk management strategy set out in the North Northamptonshire Detailed Water Cycle Strategy (2009).
- Kettering & Wellingborough Strategic Flood Risk Assessment – Update February 2011 – provides an overview and update of flood risk in the Borough of Wellingborough from the SFRA Stage 2 (2005) report.
- Earls Barton Conservation Area Appraisal Map November 2003 – map detailing the extent and features of the Earls Barton Conservation Area
- Earls Barton Conservation Area Appraisal November 2003 – Conservation Area Character Appraisal written report
- Developing a Settlement Hierarchy for the North Northamptonshire Joint Core Strategy – Background Paper July 2012 - explores alternative approaches to defining a settlement hierarchy. It considers four alternative hierarchies and recommends a preferred approach.
Stakeholder & Community Engagement
- Earls Barton Neighbourhood Plan Issues Survey May 2012 – Initial community consultation regarding issues
- Earls Barton Neighbourhood Plan Vision/Objectives & Strategic Options Survey December 2012 – Community consultation regarding Vision/Objectives and Strategic Options for Earls Barton Neighbourhood Plan