NOTIFICATION OF THE ARRANGEMENT OF A HEARING WITH REGARDS TO THE EXAMINATION OF THE EARLS BARTON NEIGHBOURHOOD DEVELOPMENT PLAN
UNDER SCHEDULE 4B OF THE TOWN AND COUNTRY PLANNING ACT 1990 (AS AMENDED)
The Examiner of the Earls Barton Neighbourhood Plan has indicated that a hearing will be required as part of the examination process to further investigate aspects of the plan.
Details of the venue, date and commencement time of the hearing are as follows:
Venue: The Grange, 108 Northampton Road, Earls Barton, NN6 0JH
Date: 29 April 2015
At present it is anticipated that the hearing will last no longer than one day. In the event that a second day is required a further session will be held on 30 April 2015. It may not be clear whether a second day is required until the day of the hearing itself.
Issues to be discussed at the hearing
In accordance with section 9 (2) of Schedule 4(B) to the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 the hearing will consider the following main issues, allowing the parties with an interest a fair chance to put a case:
- The scale and location of residential development and
- Whether the preparation of the Plan has been in accordance with EU obligations in relation to Strategic Environmental Assessment.The hearing will be conducted on the basis of oral presentations by the parties with questioning by the examiner. Oral presentations should not exceed 20 minutes on each issue.Speaking at or attending the hearingThe examiner invites people to speak at the hearing. The following advice describes the hearing procedure, as set out in the National Planning Practice Guidance:It is for the independent examiner to decide:
- Can anyone choose to speak if a public hearing is held?
- the format and scope of the hearing;
- who will be invited to speak at a hearing, in addition to the local planning authority and the qualifying body that submitted the neighbourhood plan or Order; and
- the questions to be asked at the hearing.
Additional details surrounding the hearing procedure can be found at Paragraph 9 of Schedule 4B of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 (as amended), accessible via the following link:
Invitations to speak at the hearing have been sent out. An agenda for the hearing day will be forwarded to those invited to speak and uploaded to our website as soon as it is made available.
The hearing will be held in public with seating available for those who wish to view proceedings.